This one is also from the archives but how could this one be missing? I like to eat my scones chunky, airy and with raisins for extra sweetness. By adding yoghurt the scones will get airy and not too dry. I hope you’ll enjoy these, they are super easy and fast to make.
- 400 gr plain flour
- 25 gr caster sugar
- 1 tsp bicarbonate
- pinch of salt
- 50g unsalted butter (softened)
- 250 ml yogurt
- 200 gr raisins (or no raisins for plain scones)
- 1 egg (for glazing)
- Preheat the oven to 200 C
- Soften the butter in a microwave or in a pan on the fire.
- Add the butter, yoghurt and raisins to the rest of the dough.
- Mix well with a wooden spoon until it becomes firm.
- Powder a surface with flour and knead the dough until it is smooth.
- Place in the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes until golden brown.
Serve with clothed cream, fresh strawberries and strawberry jam.